Welcome to Buckhead Rotary
Local Leaders United
The Rotary Club of Buckhead unites leaders from all walks of life, amplifying their individual contributions to make Buckhead, Atlanta and the world a better place to live and work.
- Join Leaders: Connect with leaders from our community and the world
- Exchange Ideas: Expand your network and your worldview
- Take Action: Help create lasting change in our community and other communities around the world
- Get Directions »
Stories about the recent activities of our club. Learn more »
- 10/21/14: Buckhead Rotary Club Shines Apples to Say Thank You to Local Teachers
- 1/29/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents Humanitarian Award to Frank Skinner, former BellSouth CEO
- 1/28/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents humanitarian award
- 1/22/13: FODAC Partners with Buckhead Rotary on Medical Aid to Ecuador
- 11/12/12: Companions for Heroes
- 10/1/12: Rotary Club of Buckhead president to speak at Thursday Buckhead Business Association meeting
- 8/2/12: Pets can help heal veterans’ wounds
- 8/1/12: Urban Pet Project: Finding homes, helping veterans & more
- 5/19/15 : Another successful Sunday Supper. Dr. Ken Bernhardt was the speaker.
- 5/19/15 : President Elizabeth Gill and CEO of the Ronald McDonald House Charities, Beth Howell in front of the new Ronald McDonald House under construction on Peachtree Dunwoody! Opens December, 2015.
- 5/6/15 : Check out President Elizabeth in today's Northside Neighbor.
- 4/30/15 : GSRP Students having fun at District Conference. Good luck on finals everyone!
- 4/30/15 : Put this on your calendar now. It's going to be a night of outstanding magic and comedy with Steven Bargatze, Jason Michaels, Joe M. Turner and the great Jerry Farber. Make your reservations NOW.
- June 1st, 2015: No Meeting - End of school year break
- June 3rd, 2015: Training for Mayor's Summer Reading Club Volunteers
- June 8th, 2015: Rob Garcia, Bank of North Georgia/Synovus
- June 15th, 2015: Bill Nordmark, PaySpan
- June 15th, 2015: Board Meeting
- June 22nd, 2015: Miguel Southwell Hartsfield International
- June 29th, 2015: Elizabeth Gill: Her Swan Song - No Ugly Ducklings!
- July 6th, 2015: NO MEETING - 4th of July
- July 13th, 2015: Egbert Perry, CEO, The Integral Group - Update on the GM Plant Development called "Assembly"
- July 20th, 2015: Ron Frieson, Chief Public Policy Officer, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- July 27th, 2015: Thomas Dimitrioff, Director of Operations, Atlanta Falcons - 2015-16 Season Update
- August 3rd, 2015: Bill Garrett, President, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- August 10th, 2015: Sutton Bacon, CEO Nantahala Outdoor Center
- August 17th, 2015: Clay Johnson, founder of Blue State Digital, Author of "The Information Diet"
- August 24th, 2015: Bill Underwood, President, Mercer University
- August 31st, 2015: Wendy Clark, President, Sparkling Brands & Strategic Marketing - Coca-Cola
- September 7th, 2015: NO MEETING - Labor Day
- September 14th, 2015: Cory Moss, Sr Vice President & Managing Director, Collegiate Licensing Company
- September 21st, 2015: Charlie Stokes, CEO, CDC Foundation - 20 Years of Service
Rotary Club of Buckhead
#4115 chartered March 23, 1951.
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Atlanta.
Active Membership: 175
3368 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
P.O. Box 12151
Atlanta, GA 30305
Buckhead Rotary was chartered March 23. 1951, with 23 charter members. Early years were focused on growing membership and fundraising to support community activities. For years the primary fundraiser was selling Christmas Trees during the holidays. The membership met at Hart’s Peachtree Restaurant; lunch was $1.25 and dues were $15/quarter. Service activities focused around Youth: Boy Scouts, Little League, youth basketball, driver training.
Attendance has always been important, and RCB won many awards over the years for attendance ... best year was 1966 with 92.5%. New clubs spawned by RCB were Brookwood, North Dekalb, and Sandy Springs. Membership in 1976 was 92 members. Some of our earliest service programs continue today ... youth basketball, Interact (1962), Apples for Teachers (1973), Sister Club (1965, in Germany) and Group Study Exchange (1970). Today we are at 173 members, with a goal to get to 200, and membership programs are strong. The Club meets on Monday's at noon at Maggiano's Buckhead. This location is the 21st meeting location since 1951
- Ronald McDonald House
- Companions For Heros
- Innovations in early learning