Welcome to Buckhead Rotary
Local Leaders United
The Rotary Club of Buckhead unites leaders from all walks of life, amplifying their individual contributions to make Buckhead, Atlanta and the world a better place to live and work.
- Join Leaders: Connect with leaders from our community and the world
- Exchange Ideas: Expand your network and your worldview
- Take Action: Help create lasting change in our community and other communities around the world
- Get Directions »
Stories about the recent activities of our club. Learn more »
- 10/21/14: Buckhead Rotary Club Shines Apples to Say Thank You to Local Teachers (Buckhead)
- 1/29/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents Humanitarian Award to Frank Skinner, former BellSouth CEO (Buckhead)
- 1/28/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents humanitarian award (Buckhead)
- 1/22/13: FODAC Partners with Buckhead Rotary on Medical Aid to Ecuador (Buckhead)
- 11/12/12: Companions for Heroes (Buckhead)
- 10/1/12: Rotary Club of Buckhead president to speak at Thursday Buckhead Business Association meeting (Buckhead)
- 8/2/12: Pets can help heal veterans’ wounds (Buckhead)
- 8/1/12: Urban Pet Project: Finding homes, helping veterans & more (Buckhead)
- 10/6/15 : Buckhead Rotary's Georgia Rotary Scholarship Program (GRSP) student Dragos Renita speaks to the club.
- 10/6/15 : Cal Morgan, president of the Atlanta Humane Society, speaking yesterday to the Buckhead Rotary Club.
- 10/6/15 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Evy7XrOqk&feature=youtu.be
Buckhead Rotary hosts Sunday Suppers -- a business and social event.
- 10/2/15 : TERRY AND NANCY MCGUIRK NAMED HONOREES FOR 2016 BUCKHEAD ROTARY FOUNDATION BALL.
Atlanta Braves Chairman Terry McGuirk, and his wife, Nancy, will be honored at the annual Foundation Ball of the Rotary Club of Buckhead. The announcement was made today by Craig MacKenzie, president-elect of the Rotary Club, and by Rebecca Johnson, chair of the annual event.
“Terry and Nancy exemplify the Rotary motto of Service Above Self,” MacKenzie said.
The annual Foundation Ball, which will be held on February 27, 2016, at Cherokee Town Club, is a Buckhead tradition that raises funds for the programs of Buckhead Rotary. These include major support for the new Ronald McDonald House at Northside Hospital as well as the recently announced commitment to Project Open Hand. Other club programs include support of childhood literacy programs, outreach efforts of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Georgia Chapter, the Boy Scouts, veterans health, community sports events and more.
Terry McGuirk is chairman and CEO of the Atlanta Braves. He is a Trustee Emeritus of both Piedmont Healthcare and The Westminster Schools. He was the 2000 recipient of the Anti-Defamation League’s Stewart Lewengrub Torch of Liberty Award. In 2006, he received the Governors Award from the southeastern chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, and in 2010 he entered the Cable Television Hall of Fame.
Nancy McGuirk is the founder and lead teacher for Women’s Community Bible Study. Ms. McGuirk is the author of a number of books, authors a weekly devotional that goes out to over 2,000 subscribers, and is a regularly featured columnist on Christianity.com.
Sponsorships and tickets for the 2016 Buckhead Rotary Foundation Ball are available by contacting Rebecca Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-428-9877.
- 9/30/15 : Buckhead Rotary Social at Red Brick Brewery.
- October 12th, 2015: NO MEETING - Columbus Day
- October 19th, 2015: NO MEETING - Apple Polishing
- October 19th, 2015: Apple Polishing
- October 26th, 2015: David Moore, Executive Director, Oakland Cemetery
- November 1st, 2015: Social
- November 2nd, 2015: Bob Hagan, District Governor, Rotary District 6900
- November 2nd, 2015: Meeting
- November 9th, 2015: Mary Carole Cooney, Chairperson, Fulton County Board of Elections
- November 16th, 2015: Ed Baker, Editor, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- November 23rd, 2015: Rabbi Peter Berg, The Temple
- November 30th, 2015: Paedia Mixon, CEO, New American Pathways
- December 7th, 2015: Maj. Gen. Larry Taylor, Former Commanding General of 4th Marine Aircraft Wing
- December 14th, 2015: Dr. Mark Rosenberg, President & CEO, The Task Force for Global Health
- December 14th, 2015: Buckhead Rotary Foundation Board Meeting
- December 16th, 2015: Boy Scouts Golden Eagle Luncheon
- December 17th, 2015: Holiday Party
- December 21st, 2015: NO MEETING - Holiday Break
- December 28th, 2015: NO MEETING - New Year's
- January 4th, 2016: Georgia State Senators Hunter Hill & Vincent Fort
- January 18th, 2016: NO MEETING - MLK Holiday
- January 25th, 2016: Darren Eales, President, Atlanta United FC
- February 1st, 2016: Bill Bolling, Atlanta Community Food Bank
Rotary Club of Buckhead
#4115 chartered March 23, 1951.
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Atlanta.
Active Membership: 172
Maggiano’s Little Italy
3368 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326
P.O. Box 12151
Atlanta, GA 30355
The Rotary Club of Buckhead is an organization of local business and professional leaders united to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standard in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Rotary International is the largest service organization in the world with 1.2 million members in 32,000 clubs across 194 nations. Information about its 100 year history, the Rotary Foundation that has given billions of dollars to projects across the world - such as Polio Plus - and the avenues of service can be found on www.Rotary.org.
Buckhead Rotary was founded in March of 1951, sponsored by the Atlanta Rotary Club. There were 23 charter members. We are currently partnering with several community and worldwide projects which include:
- AIDS Awareness
- Boy Scouts of America
- Companions for Heros
- Georgia Mission of Mercy
- Georgia Rotary Student Program
- Kipp South Fulton Academy
- Livable Buckhead
- Ronald McDonald House
Membership in Buckhead Rotary is extended by invitation only to those who will be active and productive, following the Rotary motto, Service Above Self. Each prospective member must be sponsored by an existing member with six additional members vouching to their knowledge of the candidate. Membership is based on the Rotary International’s classification system and each candidate’s application must be submitted to the club’s classification chair for approval before being submitted to Board of Directors for vote.
Dues: There is a $750 initiation fee and quarterly payments as follows: membership dues of $143, meals of $169, charitable contribution of $100 to the Buckhead Rotary Foundation and charitable contribution of $25 to the Rotary Foundation.
Attendance: Club expectation is 90%. Make-ups can be made two weeks before or after at any Rotary Club in the world or online. There are almost 40 clubs in metro Atlanta.
Club activities: The club has five avenues of service, Club Service, Community Service, Vocational Service, International Service and New Generations. There are nine directors that oversee more than 40 committees. All members are expected to participate in one or more committees.
Meetings: Our meetings are held on Mondays, excluding holidays or deferrals to special events, beginning at 12:15 p.m. at Maggiano's in Buckhead, 3368 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, 30326. Meetings conclude at 1:30 p.m.
The Rotary Club of Buckhead has been recognized as the most important civic club in Buckhead and has received numerous "Club of the Year" awards from our District 6900.