Welcome to Buckhead Rotary
Local Leaders United
The Rotary Club of Buckhead unites leaders from all walks of life, amplifying their individual contributions to make Buckhead, Atlanta and the world a better place to live and work.
- Join Leaders: Connect with leaders from our community and the world
- Exchange Ideas: Expand your network and your worldview
- Take Action: Help create lasting change in our community and other communities around the world
- Get Directions »
Stories about the recent activities of our club. Learn more »
- 10/21/14: Buckhead Rotary Club Shines Apples to Say Thank You to Local Teachers (Buckhead)
- 1/29/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents Humanitarian Award to Frank Skinner, former BellSouth CEO (Buckhead)
- 1/28/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents humanitarian award (Buckhead)
- 1/22/13: FODAC Partners with Buckhead Rotary on Medical Aid to Ecuador (Buckhead)
- 11/12/12: Companions for Heroes (Buckhead)
- 10/1/12: Rotary Club of Buckhead president to speak at Thursday Buckhead Business Association meeting (Buckhead)
- 8/2/12: Pets can help heal veterans’ wounds (Buckhead)
- 8/1/12: Urban Pet Project: Finding homes, helping veterans & more (Buckhead)
- 7/27/15 : Buckhead Rotarian Katie Cyphers speaks to the Club about the childhood education program she has founded in Sierra Leone.
- 7/27/15 : Thomas Dimitrioff, general manager of the Atlanta Falcons, speaking today to the Buckhead Rotary Club.
- 7/27/15 : Thomas Dimitrioff of the Atlanta Falcons speaks today to the Buckhead Rotary Club. We meet at 12:15 at Magianno's across from Lenox Square in Buckhead.
- 7/20/15 : Ron Frieson speaking today to the Buckhead Rotary Club. He is Foundation president and Director of External Affairs for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- 7/20/15 : Matt Pieper, executive director of Project Open Hand, and Shawan Allen, Director of Volunteer Services for Project Open Hand, announce the Club's new signature volunteer project.
- August 10th, 2015: Sutton Bacon, CEO Nantahala Outdoor Center
- August 17th, 2015: Charlie Stokes, CEO, CDC Foundation
- August 24th, 2015: Bill Underwood, President, Mercer University
- August 31st, 2015: Wendy Clark, President, Sparkling Brands & Strategic Marketing - Coca-Cola
- September 7th, 2015: NO MEETING - Labor Day
- September 14th, 2015: Cory Moss, Sr Vice President & Managing Director, Collegiate Licensing Company
- September 21st, 2015: Dennis Lockhart, President & CEO of Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- September 28th, 2015: Dr. Meria Carstarphen, Superintendent, Atlanta Public Schools
- October 5th, 2015: Cal Morgan, President, Atlanta Humane Society
- October 12th, 2015: NO MEETING - Columbus Day
- October 19th, 2015: NO MEETING - Apple Polishing
- October 19th, 2015: Apple Polishing
- October 26th, 2015: David Moore, Executive Director, Oakland Cemetery
- November 2nd, 2015: Bob Hagan, District Governor, Rotary District 6900
- November 9th, 2015: Mary Carole Cooney, Chairperson, Fulton County Board of Elections
- November 16th, 2015: Jimmy Collins, Past COO & Co-Founder, Chik-Fil-A
- November 23rd, 2015: Rabbi Peter Berg, The Temple
Rotary Club of Buckhead
#4115 chartered March 23, 1951.
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Atlanta.
Active Membership: 170
3368 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
P.O. Box 12151
Atlanta, GA 30305
The Rotary Club of Buckhead is an organization of local business and professional leaders united to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standard in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Rotary International is the largest service organization in the world with 1.2 million members in 32,000 clubs across 194 nations. Information about its 100 year history, the Rotary Foundation that has given billions of dollars to projects across the world - such as Polio Plus - and the avenues of service can be found on www.Rotary.org.
Buckhead Rotary was founded in March of 1951, sponsored by the Atlanta Rotary Club. There were 23 charter members. We are currently partnering with several community and worldwide projects which include:
- AIDS Awareness
- Boy Scouts of America
- Companions for Heros
- Georgia Mission of Mercy
- Georgia Rotary Student Program
- Kipp South Fulton Academy
- Livable Buckhead
- Ronald McDonald House
Membership in Buckhead Rotary is extended by invitation only to those whu will active and productive, following the Rotary motto, Service Above Self. Each prospective member must be sponsored by an existing member with six additional members vouching to their knowledge of the candidate. Membership is based on the Rotary International’s classification system and each candidate’s application must be submitted to the club’s classification chair for approval before being submitted to Board of Directors for vote.
Dues: There is a $750 initiation fee and quarterly payments as follows: membership dues of $143, meals of $169, charitable contribution of $100 to the Buckhead Rotary Foundation and charitable contribution of $25 to the Rotary Foundation.
Attendance: Club expectation is 90%. Make-ups can be made two weeks before or after at any Rotary Club in the world or online. There are almost 40 clubs in metro Atlanta.
Club activities: The club has five avenues of service, Club Service, Community Service, Vocational Service, International Service and New Generations. There are nine directors that oversee more than 40 committees. All members are expected to participate in one or more committees.
Meetings: Our meetings are held on Mondays, excluding holidays or deferrals to special events, beginning at 12:15 p.m. at Maggiano's in Buckhead, 3368 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, 30326. Meetings conclude at 1:30 p.m.
The Rotary Club of Buckhead has been recognized as the most important civic club in Buckhead and has received numerous "Club of the Year" awards from our District 6900.